THE Mascot Company believes that design isn’t only about how something looks. It’s also about how it works! We approach each new mascot design by encouraging innovation and imagination, not only from our experienced mascot engineers, but also from our customers. By incorporating new ideas, improving upon old ones and eliminating flawed or outdated techniques, we are always setting the bar higher with each new mascot design.
THE Mascot Company design process takes several factors into consideration, including but not limited to the following:
- Primary audience: Is your character geared to young children or sports fans of all ages?
- Attitude: Will your character be fierce or friendly, confident or goofy?
- Main use: Will your mascot be a meet and greet character, or will it be performing athletic stunts?
- Performer: Do you have one professional performer, or several volunteers?
- Environment: Primarily indoors or out? Hot climate or more snow than sun?
All of these characteristics are important when determining the form and function of your mascot character and costume.
Custom Mascot Costumes
Having a great mascot character isn’t much use if you don’t have a great costume to go with it. THE Mascot Company, has the best mascot artisans in the business. We know how to make a costume look great, perform beautifully and last a long time.
Whether you need a new costume or whether you have an existing character and simply need a new costume, The Mascot Company will bring your character to life by building you the best mascot for the money…PERIOD!
Here are the advantages of a Mascot Company costume:
- “One of a Kind Character Design” ™ guarantee – No one will ever have a mascot character exactly like yours. There will be no other costume like it!
- Custom Build – THE Mascot Company costumes are built to fit your needs and expectations.
- Highest quality materials – The materials we use are built to last and can function in all types of conditions. They are lightweight, and non-absorbent to prevent water-logging and rotting.
- Washable – Our costumes are completely washable!
- High Performance – Our compact, lightweight design, independent head movement and wide field of vision allow for a higher level of performance for any type of mascot appearance.
- Safety – Performer and audience safety are paramount. We use no sharp edges or metal in the construction of our costumes and in an emergency, access to the performer is easy and swift.
- Durability – We stand behind our products with a 3 year warranty against defects in materials and workmanship. With active use and proper care, our mascot costume should last several years.
Re"fur"bishments, Rebuilds & Repairs,
Re-"fur"-bishment: Perhaps the best thing about a costume from THE Mascot Company is that your character will never need to be replaced! When your costume reaches the end of its lifespan, we can refurbish your character instead of replacing it entirely.
The most expensive part of your costume is the head. Our special materials and techniques allow us to replace the fur cover, touch up features and make repairs as needed. This keeps your character consistent. Then we make a new body and feet and you essentially get a new costume a fraction of the cost of replacing it entirely.
Rebuilds and Repairs: At THE Mascot Company, we understand that we haven't created all the mascot costumes that exist in the world! We are trying! But for those who need a new costume, and don’t want to change the concept of their character, we can still help. We will accurately re-build any mascot costume using our design and construction quality, and keep the character consistent.
We will also repair any costume out there, whether we built it or not! Just give us a call!